Why study at the Faculty of Tourism of UIB?
- Brochure of the Faculty of Tourism
- General information of the Faculty of Tourism
- Research in Hospitality and Tourism in the University of Balearic Islands (see table 6 and 9)
- Bachelor's Degree in Tourism
- Double Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Tourism
- Academic Calendar 2021-2022
Academic norms and regulations
The Faculty of Tourism strongly suggests all the incoming students come with their fulfilled vaccination schedule. Covid-19 green passports are encouraged.
The UIB has set in place an Action Plan for preventing the spread of COVID-19. The Action Plan for the 2021-2022 academic year requires:
- Students enrolled in FIRST year courses attend all the sessions face-to-face.
- Students enrolled in SECOND and UPPER year courses attend 50% of the sessions face-to-face and follow the other 50% of the classes online from their home.
- Students whose Passport ends in an EVEN number must attend face-to-face classes at the university during the EVEN weeks, according to the Academic Calendar 2021-2022
- Students whose Passport ends in an ODD number must attend face-to-face classes at the university during the ODD weeks, according to the Academic Calendar 2021-2022
- Make sure you know what year the courses you are taking are in (e.g., whether they are offered in the first, second third or fourth years of the degree of Tourism or Business Administration and Tourism). You can find this information in the link above called "List of subjects (language, semester, syllabus)" within the section "Academic Information", above.
- Check the weeks you should attend face-to-face classes at the faculty versus those in which you should follow the classes online.
- Check the online system each teacher uses in their subject (videoconferencing, zoom, et cetera).
- The information on this matter changes frequently due to legislation and health officials recommendations. Please refer to this page on a regular basis.
- Here is a short video on the main COVID-19 recommendation adopted by the Faculty of Tourism.
Subjects in English
- Subjects offered in English by the Faculty of Tourism
- Subjects offered in English by the Faculty of Economics and Business:
Tourism-specific courses in English, French and German
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 health policy, some of the courses will have limited capacity. Our apologies if the courses you intended to attend are not available.
The Faculty of Tourism offers also Tourism-specific language courses, each 6 ECTS. Click in the links below to check the CEFR level suits your needs.
- German courses
- English courses
- French courses
The Universitat de les Illes Balears offers also language courses with official recognition. Please notice some fees may apply.
- Language courses
- Spanish language courses
- General information of the University of Balearic Islands (UIB)
- Welcome guide
- Exchange Students Association - +info -
- General Information for incoming students
- The ABC of the University of Balearic Islands
- Information about accomodation, transportation, and other
- Erasmus Play - Housing
- Campus map
- Impressions from our exchange students
- Follow us:
Older Academic Calendars